Dear Five-Year Track Students,
As students who straddle both the GSE and the FCRH/FCLC calendars, I wanted to minimize any confusion about your schedule for the spring semester. I have consulted with Dr. Arlene Moliterno, your program director, and we have made the following decisions:
● Five-year track seniors who are enrolled in GSE courses will follow the GSE calendar, as these courses will be offered in an online format.
● Five-year track sophomores and juniors will participate in online seminars, which will be aligned with the FCRH and FCLC calendars.
● In addition, please know that we have pushed back the registration period for GSE courses until November 30. The academic advising period will begin on November 2.
In short, we are expecting all five-year track seniors to follow the GSE calendar, whereas all five-year track sophomores and juniors will follow the revised FCRH/FCLC calendar. More information about your specific calendars are below.
5-year Track Seniors
● Courses will begin on January 11 and will end on May 18, as scheduled.
● The GSE calendar incorporates breaks in February (February Recess) and in April (for Spring Recess). In line with the rest of the university, we will also observe a mid-semester break on March 10.
5-year Track Sophomores and Juniors
● Online seminars will be scheduled in accordance with the FCRH and FCLC schedules. Thus, our seminars will not begin until Feb 1, 2021, at the earliest.
● The online seminar schedule will take into consideration the following breaks:
○ Presidents’ Day (Feb. 15) ○ A mid-semester break day (March 10) ○ Good Friday (April 2)
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to Dr. Moliterno or me.
All my best,
Akane Zusho, Ph.D., Interim Dean